POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Elliptical Torus? : Re: Elliptical Torus? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elliptical Torus?
From: David Cameron
Date: 11 Feb 2005 17:29:33
Message: <420d31cd@news.povray.org>
"Alf Peake" <alf### [at] peake42freeservecouk> wrote in message
> "David Cameron" wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > Do any of you know how to produce an elliptical torus?
> >

> This any use?
> http://mathworld.wolfram.com/EllipticTorus.html
>
> Alf

Thanks for that Alf,
At first glance glance the diagram seems to suggest the ellipse is in the
y-z plane instead of the x-z plane (pov coordinate system), which I am sure
I could find a use for.
If I can figure out how to convert those equations to plug in to a
Parametric (preferably using param.inc), I will play around with it.

Cheers,
Dave